- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Artichoke Dip By Chef Ellie Espo Recipe Video
|Artichoke hearts||28 Ounce (approx 2 cans in water, drained and squeezed dry)|
|Shallots||2 , carmelized|
|Grated aged asiago||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated pecorino romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Prepared pesto sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped italian parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayo||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.8 mg18.9%
Sodium 811.9 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Coarsely chop artichoke hearts by using a knife and place in a bowl.
2) Add the caramelized shallots, grated aged asiago, grated pecorino romano cheese, prepared pesto, chopped Italian parsley, mayo, sour cream, cracked black pepper, lemon zest and mix thoroughly.
3) Place in a greased casserole dish or hollowed out bread.
4) Bake at 375 degrees at 30 minutes until nicely brown on top and heated through.
5) Serve with sliced French bread,crackers or bread sticks.