- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot Apples With Oat Topping Recipe
|Tart apples||4 (Such As Granny Smith)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|For oat topping|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 31.9 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 353.5%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
FOR MAKING APPLES
1. Peel and core the apples, then cut the fruits into small chunks.
2. Place the bite-sized chunks in a 9" glass pie-plate and toss them gently with the cornstarch.
3. Drizzle with the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
4. In order to set the flavor and texture you need to stir the ingredients well.
5. Cover the prepared material with a plastic cover and do it microwave for 6 minutes in high mode.
6. Stir well, cover the food, and again do the microwave for another 6 minutes or until the apples become tender.
7. Let the preparation stands for 5 minutes.
FOR MAKING THE OAT TOPPING
8. Place the oats in another 9" glass pie plate as used for placing apples.
9. Sprinkle on the oats with vanilla, maple syrup, and oil.
10. Mix all the ingredients well.
11. Microwave the mix for 1 minute in high mode.
12. stir well all the ingredients.
13. Cover the prepared material with a plastic cover and again do microwave for another 6 minutes in high mode.
14. Repeat the whole process for 3-4 times until the oats turn into crispy and light brown in color but it should not get overcooked.
15. Sprinkle the oats on the already prepared apples.
16. Serve on serving plate.