- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Rice wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||3 Tablespoon (+ 5 tbsp cold water)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 509.7 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high, heat the oil add garlic and let it sweat for a few seconds.
2. Add onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, tomato ketchup, cayenne pepper and stir well for 2 minutes until the mixture has reduced.
3. Once reduced, add in the beef bouillon, water. Stir well and let this simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add the cornstarch and slowly whisk in the water to make the slurry for the soup.
5. Pour this slurry into the simmering soup, whisking slowly. Let the simmer for another 7-8 minutes until thick.
6. In a large bowl, add the green onions and strain the hot and sour soup into the bowl. Mix well.
7. Ladle a spoonful of the hot and sour soup and serve hot with a toasted slice of garlic bread.