- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot And Sour Soup Recipe
|Dried chinese mushrooms||4 , soaked|
|Pork/Chicken||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Raw Or Precooked)|
|Bamboo shoots||2 Ounce, sliced, drained (50 Gram)|
|Tofu||1 (Bean Curd Cake)|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Shao hsing rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red vinegar/White rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon (Thick)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄3 Teaspoon (Msg)|
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.4 mg24.5%
Sodium 1220.5 mg50.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare mushrooms squeeze dry the soaked mushrooms and discard any hard stalks.
2. Thinly shred the mushrooms, meat, bamboo shoots and bean-curd.
3. In a saucepan bring the stock to a rolling boil, stir in the mushrooms, meat, bamboo shoots and bean-curd.
4. Add the wine, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper, bring back to the boil once more and pour the beaten egg very slowly into the soup, stirring at the same time.
5. Finally, stir in gently the cornflour paste to thicken the soup.
6. Pour it into a soup tureen with the salt and MSG, if using, at the bottom, blend well and serve hot.