- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
|Asian sesame||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger slice/1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger||1⁄4|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||10 Ounce, wiped clean, trimmed, and thinly sliced|
|Whole skinned boned chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, sliced and drained (1 Can)|
|Fresh spinach/1 package (10 ounces) frozen, chopped, thawed||10 Ounce, chopped|
|Hot sauce/Asian chili paste with garlic||2 Teaspoon (As Required)|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.7 mg
Sodium 1154.6 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 45 g90.9%
Vitamin A 138.1% Vitamin C 42.2%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the chicken along the grain into about 2 inches long, 14 inch thick, and 14 inch wide strips.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil over a medium heat for about 20 seconds.
3) Stir in the broth, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and mushrooms.
4) Cover and allow to boil over a high heat, then simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
5) Stir in the bamboo shoots and chicken, allow to simmer and cook over a low heat for about 3 minutes until the chicken thoroughly cooked.
6) Add the spinach, stir once and turn off the heat.
7) Season with salt to taste.
8) Laddle into the soup bowls and serve immediately with the hot sauce on the side.