- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot and Sour Prawns in Seaweed Nests Recipe
|Tiger prawns||10 Large|
|Red chili||1 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Small Clove)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon grass puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried egg noodles||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Spring greens||6 Ounce|
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Ounce, flaked|
|Chili flowers||3 (For Garnish)|
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1236 mg412%
Sodium 3108 mg129.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 119 g238.3%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the grill. Peel the prawns, leave the tails intact.
2. Cut the chilli in half, and chop finely, discarding the seeds. Crush the garlic. Put both in a shallow non-metallic dish and add the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, coriander and lemon grass, if using. Add the prawns and set aside.
3. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the noodles for 1 minute until just softened. Drain the noodles and refresh under cold water.
4. Wrap a piece of noodle around each prawn, tucking in the ends, and arrange on a lightly oiled baking tray. Grill the prawns for 4-5 minutes until pink, turning once.
5. Remove the thick stalks from the spring greens. Lay the leaves on top of each other, roll up tightly like a cigar, and carefully shred width-ways into thin strands. Separate the strands lightly.
6. In a wok, heat 1-inch sunflower oil. Add small handfuls of leaves. Quick fry and remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper, spreading the strands out so that the excess oil is absorbed. Sprinkle with the sugar and salt to make ready the seaweed.
7. Heat a frying pan. Add the almonds and dry-fry until toasted.
8. In Chinese bowls, put the seaweed and scatter with the almonds. Arrange the prawns on top and garnish with the chilli flowers.