- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot And Sour Pork Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||12 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, peeled|
|Red chilies||2 , chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Dry red chilies||2 , roughly chopped|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, drained|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, drained and dried (Packet, 300 Gram)|
|Pepper red||1 Large, cored, deseeded and cut lengthways into strips|
|Mange-tout||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 400
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.3 mg
Sodium 1733.8 mg72.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 56 g112.7%
Vitamin A 80.6% Vitamin C 277.7%
Calcium 17% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep pork inside a wrapper and freeze for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Cut the pork diagonally into 5 mm (X inch) thick slices.
3. In a large mixing bowl, place the pork slices and add soy sauce, vinegar and corn flour; stir well to mix.
4. Using a pestle and mortar, pound ginger, garlic and chillies or process in a food processor or blender.
5. Slice tofu in roughly the same size as pork.
6. Heat a wok or frying pan until hot.
7. In the heated wok or frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over a moderate heat until hot.
8. Add red pepper and snap peas.
9. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
10. Remove the stir fried vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
11. In the same wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
12. Add tofu and stir-fry carefully over moderate heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly colored on both sides.
13. Remove stir fried tofu with a slotted spoon and keep over paper to drain liquids.
14. Keep tofu hot.
15. Add the remaining oil in the wok and heat until hot.
16. Add the pounded mixture and stir-fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes to blend the flavors without browning the ingredients.
17. Add about half of the pork.
18. Stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
19. Remove stir fried pork and keep aside.
20. Stir fry the remaining meat in the wok and keep aside.
21. In the wok, pour stock and boil at high; stir constantly.
22. Stir in the chilli sauce.
23. Return the entire stir fried pork to the wok along with the with the red pepper and snap peas.
24. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until all the ingredients are hot and evenly combined.
25. Add tofu at the end and gently mix with other ingredients.
26. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.