- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot-And-Sour Pork Recipe
|Pork fillet||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, grated|
|Red chili||1 , seeded and finely chopped (Fresh Ones)|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sherry vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||8 Ounce (1 Can Or 225 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter Or 3/4 Cup)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and sliced|
|Baby sweetcorn||4 Ounce, halved (115 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
|Boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Serve)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1089 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 1537.8 mg64.1%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 81 g161.3%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 151.8%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Brush the sunflower oil over the base of a flameproof casserole. Heat over a medium heat, then fry the pork for about 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
3. Blend together the ginger, chilli, Chinese five-spice powder, sherry vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving the juice. Make the stock up to 300ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups with the reserved juice, mix together with the spices and pour over the pork.
5. Slowly bring the stock to the boil. Blend the cornflour with the water and gradually stir into the pork. Add the green pepper and baby sweetcorn and season to taste.
6. Cover and cook in a preheated oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for 30 minutes or until the pork is tender. Stir in the pineapple and cook for a further 5 minutes. Garnish with flat-leaf parsley and serve with boiled rice.