- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Horehound Drops Recipe
|Horehound leaves and stems||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot|
|Brown sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2626 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.9 mg0.04%
Total Carbohydrates 700 g233.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 700 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put the crushed herbs in teapot.
2) Cover with very hot water and steep for half an hour so that the water takes the flavor of the herbs.
3) Now strain the mixture.
4) Ladle the liquid over brown sugar, stir, and allow to boil.
5) Further boiling until mixture reaches the hard-crack stage (300°F).
6) Pour into butter-greased pan and cut into squares and serve.