- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hong Kong Sundae Topping Recipe
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned pineapple in juice||8 1⁄2 Ounce, crushed (1 Can, With Liquid)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Kumquats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, preserved|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.33 g0.51%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 72.3%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup of syrup and in a saucepan combine the syrup with cornstarch.
2. With its liquid stir in the pineapple, the marmalade and the ginger and cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
3. Then stir in the oranges and kumquats.
4. For making Hong Kong Sundae, pour a little of the sauce, warm or cold over ice milk.
5. Serve chilled with the desired garnish.