- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hong Kong Crispy Roasted Pork Belly (Siu Yuk) Recipe Video
|Pork belly||800 Gram|
|5 spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic slices||4 Small (For frying)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (For frying)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (For frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1889 Calories from Fat 1064
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.6%
Saturated Fat 38.1 g190.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 512.2 mg170.7%
Sodium 3196.3 mg133.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 158 g315.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the meat under cold water.
2) Submerge it in a pot of water and boil for about 15 minutes.
3) Take the pork out and put it in a colander. Let the meat dry and cool down for 15 minutes.
4) Stab the pork with a knife a few times and rub the spices and salt on the flesh only.
5) Let the meat marinate for at least 1 hour, or even overnight.
6) In a large dutch oven or iron pan, put the meat and add just enough oil to cover the skin of the pork belly.
7) Fry the skin side first for roughly 5 mins or until golden brown and crispy, turn it on the side and fry it only for a min or two, repeat on all sides.
8) Let the fried meat rest until cool to the touch and cut into slices.
9) Serve right away, while still hot.