- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honeyed Pumpkin Pie With Broiled Praline Topping Recipe
|Refrigerated pie crust||15 Ounce, softened|
|Pumpkin||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Topping)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Topping)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted (Topping)|
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.8 mg
Sodium 497.7 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 84.1% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 11% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oven to 375Â°F.
2) Place pie crust in 10-inch deep dish pie pan for One-Crust Filled Pieâ€”except roll crust into 13-inch round before placing in pan.
3) In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, honey, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
4) Add eggs and beat well.
5) Slowly add milk and with electric beater on low speed blend well.
6) pour the mixture into crust-lined pan.
7) Bake the pie in heated oven for 45-55 minutes until edge is set.
8) Keep pie on cooling rack to get cool completely.
9) In small bowl, combine all topping ingredeints and sprinkle over cooled pie.
10) Set oven to broil control and broil the pie 4-6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping bubbles.
11) Store pie in fridge until served.
12) Serve the cooled pie as dessert.