- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honeydew And Strawberry Salad With Cooled Cucumber Dressing Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Honeydew melon||1 Small|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hulled, sliced|
|English cucumber||1⁄3 , thinly sliced (2 Inch Piece)|
|Mint sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
|Natural yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English cucumber||1⁄3 , peeled (2 Inch Piece)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime rind/Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Superfine sugar||1 Pinch|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg
Sodium 74 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 141.7%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line 4 salad plates with shredded lettuce.
2. Halve the melon lengthwise and then slice each half into half to get 4 equal slices.
3. Remove the seeds and fibers and thinly slice off the skin.
4. Dice the melon slices into 1-inch pieces.
5. Scatter melon pieces, strawberries and cucumber equally over the lettuce.
6. Cover the plates with plastic wrap and refrigerate the salad until ready to serve.
7. Make the dressing in a small food processor or liquidizer jar by combining the ingredients and blending for about 15 seconds until smooth. Alternatively if you do not have a blender, finely chop cucumber and mint and combine with crushed ice cubes and other ingredients and whisk well.
8. Spoon the dressing over the salad and garnish with fresh mint spring.
9. Serve at once.