- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Walnut Pie Recipe Video
|Sweet dough||1 Pound|
|Walnuts/Pecan||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey/Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.5 mg
Sodium 495.2 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 50.3 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, add honey and sugar. Place it on low heat and bring it to boil. Do not stir.
2. Remove from the heat and add butter. Stir till it melts and set aside.
3. In another bowl, add the eggs and salt, whisk them together till combined.
4. Slowly add the butter honey mix into the egg and whisk continuously till combined. Let it cool completely.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Take the sweet dough and roll it on a floured flat surface. Fold it and roll again into a sheet, not too thin, not too thick.
7. Transfer it into a pie pan, press it gently and cut off the extra edges.
8. Put the walnuts in the center and pour the egg- honey mixture over it.
9. Bake for around 35 minutes or till done. Remove from the oven and let it cool till set (when taken out of the oven the center should wobble but not flow).
10. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve it warm as a dessert.