- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Roasted Duck With Sauerkraut Recipe
|Duck||5 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Drained sauerkraut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Juniper berries||1 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||3 Tablespoon (Clover / Wild / Lower Variety Preferably From The Heartland)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2822.8 mg117.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.4%
Sugars 44.7 g
Protein 469 g938%
Vitamin A 130.7% Vitamin C 115.2%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 62.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Discard visible fat from the duck and keep aside the giblets for other purposes.
3. Take a bowl, add sauerkraut, juniper berries [optional] and caraway seeds and toss thoroughly. Stuff the duck cavity with this mixture and using skewers, secure cavity.
4. Using fork tines, prick the duck and spread honey.
5. Add ¼ inch to ½ inch water in roasting pan. Arrange the duck, with breast side facing up, on the rack after rack is placed in pan.
6. Without covering, roast for an hour. Lower temperature to 325°F and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes more, continuing to prick while roasting.
7. Transfer to a warm serving platter when duck skin turns golden brown and thigh joints are moved easily. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and then carve.
8. Serve hot.