- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar/Raw sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Chunky peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Not Homogenized)|
|Pastry whole wheat flour/White flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Wheat germ/1/4 cup flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 883 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg
Sodium 957.4 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 7% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda and wheat germ.
4) In another large glass bowl, cream the butter with sugar and honey until light and well aerated.
5) Gradually add the egg and the peanut butter into the creamed mixture and blend until smooth in consistency. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
6) Add the sifted, dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and bind to form dough.
7) Divide the dough and roll into1 inch balls.
8) Place the balls on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
9) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown.
10) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool and harden slightly before serving.
11) Store in an air-tight container.