- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Oatmeal Bread Recipe
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry yeast package||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105° To 115° F)|
|Regular oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|All purpose flour||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4394 Calories from Fat 733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.4%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.4%
Trans Fat 6.8 g
Cholesterol 50.8 mg
Sodium 5102.3 mg212.6%
Total Carbohydrates 798 g266%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.3%
Sugars 112.3 g
Protein 118 g235.8%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 76.1% Iron 249.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil milk. Mix thoroughly shortening, honey, and salt and stir till the shortening melts.
2) Cool the mixture to 105° to 115°.
3) In a large bowl mix yeast and water and keep aside for 5 minutes.
4) Add milk mixture along with oats and 2 cups flour.
5) Stir and add remaining flour to make soft dough.
6) Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead till smooth and elastic.
7) Put the dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top.
8) Cover and let stand. Rise the dough in a warm place (85°) for 1 hour.
9) Punch the dough down, cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
10) Divide dough in half and put on a lightly floured surface.
11) Into a 15- x 9-inch rectangle roll each dough half.
12) In jellyroll fashion roll beginning at narrow edge.
13) Seal the seams and ends together and place rolls seam side down in 2 well-greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpans.
14) Baste with melted butter.
15) Cover and let rise for 50 minutes.
16) Place in oven and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
17) Take out of pans and cool on wire racks.
18) Serve sliced.