- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Mustard Grilled Hens Recipe
|Rock cornish hens||3 1⁄2 Pound (2 Birds, About 1 3/4 Pounds Each)|
|Lime||1 , zest finely grated and juice extracted|
|Coarse grained mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), prepared|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1000 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.5%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 400.9 mg
Sodium 245.9 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 76 g151.9%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 21% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare grill or broiler.
2. Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, halve the hens lengthwise.
3. Skin the hens and trim off excess fat. Pat the cavities with paper towels.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and juice, mustard, honey, and pepper.
5. Use a fork to whisk the mixture until well blended.
Arrange the hens, cut side down, on the grill or a broiler rack.
6. Brush them generously with the honey-mustard mixture.
7. Grill hens for about 20 minutes or until browned and almost tender.
8. Turn the hens over and baste them with the remaining honey-mustard mixture.
9. Continue grilling for another 15 to 20 minutes until the juices run clear.
10. Place half a Cornish hen on each of the 4 dinner plates.
11. Serve hot accompanied by lime wedges if you like.