- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Mustard Chicken Pot with Parsnips Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||8 (Skin Removed)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Parsnips||12 Ounce, cut in sticks (350 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg
Sodium 262.7 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large frying pan or a shallow casserole with a lid, heat half the oil.
2) Add the chicken thighs and brown them until they become golden. Remove and set aside.
3) In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Saute the onions for 5 mins till they are softened.
4) Add the vegetables and cook till they become soft. Then add the chicken thighs to the vegetables.
5) Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in.
6) Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer.
7) Cover the pan and cook for 30 mins. After the chicken is tender, add the seasoning.
8) Serve the chicken with the steamed greens.