- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Mint Pears Recipe
|Firm pears||4 Small|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||3|
|Raspberry ice cream/Strawberry ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Portions, For Serving)|
|Wafers||8 (Fan Shaped, For Serving)|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg
Sodium 235.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 71.3 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet add the water, honey, lemon juice , sugar and green food coloring . Stir well over a gentle heat to dissolve the sugar.
2) Pare, halve and core the pears.
3) Place the pear halves into the syrup with a slotted spoon, cover and gently poach the pears until cooked.
4) Turn off the heat and with a slotted spoon remove the poached pear halves into a large heatproof bowl.
5) Again heat the skillet and allow the syrup to boil rapidly, and reduce by about half. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the mint.
6) Pour over the hot mint flavoured syrup over the pears and keep aside to cool.
7) Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
8) Drain and arrange the pear halves in individual dishes.
9) Lightly mash the ice cream and put into a pastry bag with a large star nozzle and pipe swirls over the pears.
10) Garnish with the wafers and fresh mint sprigs and serve immediately.