- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Lebkuchen Recipe
|Cake flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Honey||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Candied orange peel||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Candied citron||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched and shredded|
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 367.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.9%
Sugars 98.4 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Sift together dry ingredients except sugar.
3) Combine together honey, sugar and water and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 5 minutes and let cool.
5) Add in dry ingredient mixture, egg, fruits and nuts to form dough.
6) Wrap the dough in wax paper after pressing together.
7) Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days to ripen.
8) On the day of baking, place the dough on a lightly floured board, roll it into 1/4 inch thickness and then slice into 3- x 1-inch strips.
9) Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
10) Let cool and apply Glaze.
11) Serve cold or warm.