- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Glazed Carrots And Parsnips Recipe
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into julienned strips|
|Parsnips||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into julienned strips|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.32 g0.49%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.1 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 192.6% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam or blanch the carrots and parsnips for 3 to 4 minutes in a steamer or in boiling salted water, until tender but still having a crispness or bite.
2. Drain and refresh the vegetables under cold tap water
3. Drain well and set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet over a medium high flame.
5. Combine carrots, parsnips, parsley and honey in it.
6. Sauté until heated through.
7. Immediately dish out into a vegetable serving platter and serve hot.