- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Garlic Scallion Noodles Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mirin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon (Korean chili flakes used)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chow mein noodles||454 Gram (1 packet)|
|Chopped ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely (1/2 of the bunch kept aside for garnishing)|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1113 mg46.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, Korean chili flakes and sesame seeds. Also add minced garlic and honey and whisk the ingredients to combine well. Give it a taste and adjust the proportion of the ingredients as per your taste and set aside.
2. In a pot of boiling water blanch the chow mein noodles for 30 seconds, drain them well and set aside.
3. Take a pan or a wok and heat up a couple of tablespoons of oil on high heat, add the noodles and finely chopped ginger and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add half a bunch of scallions and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
4. Once done add the prepared sauce and continue to stir fry for another minute or so till the sauce thickens.
5. Serve warm garnished with some of the chopped scallions.