- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Fruit Nut Caramels Recipe
|Light corn syrup||7 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnut halves||4⁄5 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 14 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 0.56%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 8 X 5 inch shallow pan, grease with butter and using cooking parchment, line the pan.
2. Take a heavy bottom large pan and place on low heat.
3. Melt butter in the pan and mix in honey and syrup.
4. Allow the mixture to boil on gentle heat till a candy thermometer shows 270°F.
5. Finely chop dates and walnuts.
6. Take pan off from heat and mix in chopped walnuts and dates.
7. Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture to opaque.
8. Transfer to prepared pan and allow to cool to set well.
9. Using a buttered knife, demark set caramel into ¾ to 1 inch squares.
10. Keep aside to set for about 24 hours.
11. Take out and separate squares.
12. Using a wax paper to wrap the squares and store till used.