- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Carrot Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped toasted pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Neufchatel cheese||6 Ounce, softened|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg
Sodium 395.5 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 75.4 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 258.2% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 13-inch X 9-inch baking tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, honey, oil, whole egg and egg whites.
5. Use an electric beater or wire whisk to beat the ingredients until well blended and thick.
6. Gently fold in the sifted dry ingredients in batches, until batter is smooth and thick.
7. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans.
8. Pour and spread batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes until golden, springy to touch and it leaves the sides of the tin. A skewer when inserted in the center should come out clean.
10. Remove from oven, turn onto a wire rack and leave to cool
11. In the meantime, prepare the frosting by beating cheese, powdered sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in small bowl until smooth.
12. Reserve a little frosting and cover the cake with remaining.
13. Tint reserved frosting with orange food coloring, spoon into a piping bag and carrots on the cake.
14. Let the cake chill in the refrigerator.
15. Cut into wedges and serve as a dessert.