- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Cold)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3696 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 1020.6 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 791 g263.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 462.5 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 95.8% Iron 186%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; set aside. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or 10-inch tube pan.
3. In the large bowl of electric mixer, combine oil, sugar and eggs; beat, at high speed, until thick and fluffy—about 2 minutes.
4. In small bowl, combine coffee and honey; mix well.
5. At low speed, add flour mixture (in fourths) to sugar mixture alternately with honey mixture (in thirds), beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until combined. Turn into prepared pan.
6. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack—5 minutes. With spatula, carefully loosen cake from pan. Let stand until completely cool.
8. Serve plain; or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.