- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey and Hoisin Glazed Drumsticks with Asian Zesty Salad Recipe Video
|For the chicken:|
|Chicken legs||800 Gram (4 pieces of drumstick)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the glaze:|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 Tablespoon, chop (For garnish)|
|For the salad:|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, slice|
|Cucumber||1 Small, slice|
|Red onion||1 Medium, julienned|
|Chili garlic sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 869 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.2 mg
Sodium 1859.9 mg77.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 59 g117.6%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken on all sides for 5-6 minutes.
4. For the glaze: In a bowl, add the chopped ginger, hoisin, honey and chicken stock and mix well together.
5. Transfer the browned chicken onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Using a brush, spread the glaze over the chicken.
7. Pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove chicken, spread more glaze and pop back to finish cooking.
8. In a bowl, add the sliced tomatoes and cucumber, onions, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and pepper and toss well.
9. Plate the salad along with the chicken on the side. Garnish with chopped scallions and serve hot.