- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hominy and Watercress Frittata Recipe
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 Cup (16 tbs), stems removed|
|Canned hominy||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 450.1 mg
Sodium 912.9 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Coarsely cut the watercress .
2) In a heavy skillet, saute the watercress in the melted butter for 1 min and add hominy.
3) Turn off the heat and cover the skillet to gently warm the hominy.
4) Beat eggs with milk, season with the salt and pepper.
5) Reheat the skillet and pour the egg mixture over the watercress and hominy; cook gently until eggs are of custard consistency.
6) Turn off the heat and again cover the skillet for 2 min; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
7) Cut into wedges and serve on warmed dishes.