- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homestyle Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe Video
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter stick/0.5 cup coconut oil||1 , softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3215 Calories from Fat 1423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.6%
Saturated Fat 87.1 g435.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 522.4 mg
Sodium 1207.9 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.6%
Sugars 213.1 g
Protein 44 g88.6%
Vitamin A 90.8% Vitamin C 59.8%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 100.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and flour a small 9" by 5" loaf pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F/ 160 degrees C.
3. In a bowl, mix sugar, butter, lemon zest and lemon extract with a electric mixer.
4. Add in eggs beat.
5. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and coconut in a bowl, mix together with a spoon.
6. Add in portions of the flour mixture and coconut milk. Mix with the electric mixer.
7. Put the batter into the pan and bake until golden brown for about 55-60 minutes.
8. Check to see if the cake is done by inserting a knife into the middle (it should come out clean).
9. Once out of the oven, let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
10. Then turn the pan upside down and tap the bottom for the cake to come out.
11. Cool on a rack.
12. Serve immediately and/or Store cake in covered cake dish and/or wrap up in plastic or foil.
I love to prepare this recipe with coconut oil vs. butter because it makes the cake so moist. If you use coconut oil, make sure it is in a soft form (not liquid). Sometimes coconut oil turns to liquid when the temperatures are hot. So if that is the case, cool it a bit in the frig until it is firm.
This cake is great as a dessert topped with vanilla ice cream. You can also enjoy it for breakfast topped with butter or honey!