- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homestead Series How To Make Bread Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil/Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Honey/Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm milk/Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing the loaf pan)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 191.8 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, add vegetable oil, water, honey and stir to dissolve. Then add yeast and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Add warm milk to the yeast mixture. Add salt and stir well.
4. Start adding the flour a few cups at a time until well blended. Keep adding flour until forms a soft dough.
5. Then turn it out on to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. The dough will be nice and smooth.
6. Place the dough in a greased bowl covered with a tea towel or plastic wrap and let it rise till doubled in size, about an hour.
7. Punch the dough down and divide it into 3. Pat each piece into the greased loaf pan. Let it rise about 20 minutes
8. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
9. Thinly slice the bread and serve with warm milk.