- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe Video
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Low fat milk/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanila extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.6%
Saturated Fat 29.6 g148%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 412 mg
Sodium 75.4 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 41.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, pour the heavy cream, add milk, heat on medium low heat, until it comes to a boil.
2. In a mixing bowl, place egg yolks, pour about 1 1/2 cups of the cream mixure to the egg yolks very gradually, whisk as the cream goes in.
3. Pour the egg-cream mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Whisk constantly over medium low heat, until thickened, for about 7 to 10 minutes, after 3-4 minutes add vanilla extract.
5. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Transfer to an ice-cream maker, whip for 30 minutes or according to the machine instructions.
6. Transfer the in an air-tight container and place in the freezer, till ready to serve.
7 Serve in dessert glasses topped with your choice of fruit.