- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Homemade French Fries Recipe Video
|Canola oil/Or vegetable oil||1 Liter|
|Sea salt||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 2469 Calories from Fat 2210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 250 g384.6%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1216.9 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 48.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thoroughly scrub the potatoes and leave skin on or peel the potatoes.
2. Cut a piece off one end of the potato so that it will fit flatly on a cutting board.
3. With a sharp paring knife, cut potato into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices.
4. Then, lay flat on the cutting board and cut into strips. Cut evenly as possible for even cooking time.
5. Place in a bowl of cold water for a while.
6. Drain and place back in a bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
7. Using a heavy bottom deep pot, skillet, or electric fryer, pour in fresh canola or vegetable oil.
Always be careful to leave 2-4 inches from the top to leave room for the oil to bubble up.
8. Once the oil is properly heated, carefully drop the sliced up potato into the oil.
Be careful not to overcrowd the pan. Potatoes should freely move around.
9. Potatoes should be golden brown and probably will be floating to the top of the oil.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on layers of paper towels.
10. Sprinkle some sea salt on top. You can serve this as a side dish with some burgers or with baked beans.