- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yeast Bread Rolls Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs), divided|
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 packet)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4-1/2)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (butter flavored)|
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 8.9 mg
Sodium 88.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add 1 ¼ cup flour and yeast. Whisk it well till combined. Set aside.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium. Pour milk, sugar and add the shortening.
3. Stir it continuously and heat only till the shortening melts. Do not boil the mixture.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add an egg.
5. Using an electric beater, mix on low speed for 1 minute and on high speed for 3 minutes or till all are well combined and soft.
6. Season with salt and add the remaining 2 cups of flour.
7. Using hands or spatula fold in the flour till it forms soft dough.
8. Take another large bowl, grease it with vegetable oil and place the soft dough in it.
9. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. Remove the dough from the oven and punch it to remove the air.
11. Grease a baking dish sized 9x13 with melted butter.
12. Take a small portion of the dough and shape it as desired.
13. Dip the dough in butter or brush butter on it and plate it in the greased baking dish.
14. Repeat this with all the dough. Place the rolls close to each other.
15. Cover with a thin kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for 1 ½ hour.
16. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
17. Bake the rolls for 14 minutes or till the rills are done. Watch after 10 minutes.
18. Remove from the oven and brush with butter (butter and honey if desired).
19. In a serving plate, serve the rolls with choice of spread or enjoy it as it is.