- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yeast Free Pan Pizza with Pizza Sauce (No Bake Pizza) Recipe Video
|Dry ingredients for the dough|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (All purpose flour / maida)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wet ingredients for the dough|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (At room temperature)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs) (As needed)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the pizza sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, blanched, deseeded, pureed|
|Crushed black pepper||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Red chili flakes/Green chilies||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup/Tomato paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon (3 - 4 basil leaves if using fresh)|
|Red food color||1 Pinch|
|For dusting and rolling the dough|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed for dusting)|
|For the vegetables|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (As needed)|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (As needed)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (As needed)|
|For assembling the pizza|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (2 tbsp per pizza or as needed)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (As needed)|
|Black olives||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs), slices (As needed)|
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.4%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 845.8 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 52.4% Vitamin C 126.2%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Rolling pin
2. 2 Skillets
1. In a mixing bowl, first combine all the dry ingredients for the dough.
2. Then add yogurt and gradually add water a little at a time and knead to make a loose and sticky dough.
3. Add lemon juice and knead well.
4. Cover with a damp cloth and set the dough aside to rest for about 4 - 6 hours.
5. In a saucepan heating over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
6. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
7. Add the pureed tomatoes, season with oregano, crushed black pepper and red chili flakes. Stir and bring to a boil on high heat.
8. Once the sauce starts boiling, reduce the heat, cover and let simmer over medium-high heat for 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, the sauce would have reduced a little. Add tomato ketchup, brown sugar, basil leaves, salt and red food color. Stir and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes.
10. After the dough has rested for 4 - 6 hours, dust a hard surface with flour and knead the dough once again for a few minutes on the dusted surface.
11. Divide the dough into 3 equal sized balls. Put them back into the bowl, cover and set aside for 10 more minutes.
12. Meanwhile, to prepare the vegetables, heat some olive oil in a pan. Stir fry all the vegetables in the hot oil for about 2 - 3 minutes. Once done, set aside.
13. Once the dough has rested, take each ball, place on a dusted surface and roll into a pizza base round using a rolling pin.
14. place the rolled dough on a hot skillet and roast one side over low to medium-high heat. At the same time, heat another skillet over medium-high heat.
15. Once one side of the pizza base is roasted, remove onto a plate with the roasted side up.
16. Brush some olive oil over the roasted side, spread the prepared pizza sauce over it followed by some shredded mozzarella cheese.
17. Place all the stir fried vegetables and black olives on top, followed by sprinkles of some more cheese and a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
18. Now, place the assembled pizza on the heated skillet and cover with the other heated skillet. Let the pizza cook on very low heat.
19. Slice and serve hot.
To give an Indian flavor, add garam masala and coriander powder instead of oregano.