- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Vegan Sushi Recipe Video
|Nori sheet||2 Large|
|Brown rice||50 Gram, cooked|
|Tofu/Tempeh||20 Gram, cut into strips (marinated with your choice of spices)|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Cucumber||1 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Avocado||1 Small, peeled, sliced|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Soy sauce/Wasabi||1 Teaspoon (or soy based mayonnaise mixed with chili sauce, for seasoning) (Optional)|
|Tamari||1 Teaspoon (or brags liquid aminos, for seasoning) (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 610.2 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 222.8% Vitamin C 169.5%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the nori sheet on a clean work surface. You could use a sushi mat/bamboo mat, if you have one or roll the sushi the old school way.
2. Dampen one half of the nori sheet with a little water. Spread half the cooked brown rice, pressing lightly with fingertips to spread evenly.
3. Arrange half the tempeh or tofu strips, carrot, cucumber, red bell pepper strips and avocado slices, neatly, over the rice.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds if using. Drizzle soy sauce/wasabi or vegan spicy sauce on top.
5. Season with tamari or Brags liquid aminos if you like.
6. Dampen the other half of the nori sheet, then start rolling lengthwise starting from the side with the fillings. Make sure the roll is tight by pressing firmly and applying a little pressure while you roll. Dampen the nori-sheet while you are rolling and also the seam of the roll so that it does not come apart.
7. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into 2 1/2-inch pieces. Wipe the knife blade with a clean towel, after you cut each piece.
8. Arrange on a platter and serve with a vegan soy based dipping sauce if you like.