- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Extract Recipe Video
|Vodka/Rum||1 Cup (16 tbs) (vodka of your choice)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.99 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 7.9% Iron 0.13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedClear glass bottle with lid
1. Sterilize a clear glass bottle with a lid, in pot of boiling water.
2. Using sharp knife, split vanilla beans lengthwise leaving about 1 inch from top.
3. Carefully pour the vodka in sterilized bottle and put in the vanilla beans.
4. Put the lid on and shake well.
5. Place the bottle in cool and dry place for 8 weeks, preferably in a cupboard and shake well whenever possible.
6. Use as desired.
Use clear bottle so you can keep a check on the progress of vanilla extract.