- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Sweet Red Bean Paste Recipe Video
|Red bean||2 Pound|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||16 Cup (256 tbs), divided|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.8 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.58%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.8 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46%
Sugars 43.2 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPot
1. Wash the red beans twice in cold water.
2. Soak the red beans in water for 3 hours.
3. Drain the beans and in a large pot pour water and boil the beans for 5 minutes on high heat.
4. Drain and discard the water, in the same pot pour water and add the beans and cook it once again over medium heat for 1-2 hours or until the beans are soft and done.
5. Keep adding water if the needed.
6. Once done, drain the beans and add it to a blender, pour water and grind until paste.
7. Once done transfer in a pot and add sugar and salt, mix well.
8. Cook it on high heat for 5 minutes, once it reaches to a boil turn off the heat.
9. Stuff the red bean pasta into rice cake and serve.