- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
|Instant vanilla pudding mix||7 1⁄4 Ounce (2 Packages Of 3 5/8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen strawberries||40 Ounce, thawed (4 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed (Or As Needed)|
|Rock salt||To Taste (Or As Needed)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.6 mg
Sodium 463.8 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 97.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Following directions on the pudding package, prepare pudding and refrigerate until set.
2. In a large bowl, using a electric mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Add cream, sugar and pudding; beat well.
4. Add strawberries, vanilla, and food coloring; stir to mix.
5. Into a freezer can, pour mixture to fill 2/3rd of the can; adjust dasher and cover.
6. If electric ice cream freezer is used, fit can in the freezer and pack with ice and salt; salt to ice ratio should be 1:6.
7. Slowly turn dasher to partially melt ice and form brine.
8. If required, add more ice and salt.
9. Constantly turn handle until crank turns hard.
10. Plug opening lid to ripen ice-cream.
11. Cover can with several layers of waxed paper or foil; replace lid.
12. Add more ice and salt and pack freezer.
13. Cover freezer with a heavy cloth or newspapers.
14. Let stand for 4 hours to ripen ice-cream.
15. Serve Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream with a slice of fresh strawberry.