- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting Recipe Video
|Strawberry cake mix||18 Ounce (Follow The Directions On The Back Of Your Box, I Used Duncan Hines, 1 Box)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Instead Of Oil)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Fresh strawberries/1 container, 16 ounces||1 Pound|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar/Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5461 Calories from Fat 1928
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 221 g339.9%
Saturated Fat 118.2 g590.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1125.8 mg
Sodium 4279.6 mg178.3%
Total Carbohydrates 823 g274.4%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.2%
Sugars 604.5 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 129.4% Vitamin C 446.9%
Calcium 111.6% Iron 78.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3) With your cupcake pan, place the cupcake paper in each slot. Then fill each of the cupcake papers with 3 spoonfuls.
4) Once all the cupcakes are filled, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check on them to make sure they do not burn.
5) After the cupcakes are done baking, set aside to cool before frosting.
6) For the frosting, place the cream cheese and butter in a medium mixing bowl and mix with a mixer. You want the cream cheese and butter to become nice and thick.
7) In a small food processor or blender add ½ cup of strawberries. You want to use the pulse setting to cut up the strawberries. Do not blend the strawberries. We want to have little pieces of strawberry in our frosting.
8) Then drain the juices from the berries. I like to use paper towels to soak up the liquid. (If you don’t do this, you will need to add more confectioners sugar to your frosting so it becomes thick).
9) Add the drained strawberries to the cream cheese mixture and the almond extract.
10) Slowly start to add the confectioners sugar (½ cup at a time) while using the mixer.
11) Once all the sugar is blended, you should have thick frosting. If your batch is not thick continue to add more confectioners sugar (½ cup at a time) until you reach your thickness.
12) Take a spoonful of frosting for each cupcake. With the back of the spoon spread the frosting around. Top off each cupcake with a fresh strawberry. Enjoy!
If your cupcakes are not cool enough to frost, place the frosting in the fridge covered until ready.
Make sure your cupcakes are cooled before you begin to frost
This batch will make 24 cupcakes!