- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Steak Sauce Recipe Video
|White onion||1 Large|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (sulfide free)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Poblano pepper||2 Large|
|Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce||1 Large|
|Garlic||1 Large (whole head, cloves separated)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, cracked (as needed, to taste)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 893 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1100.1 mg45.8%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100.1%
Sugars 78.1 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 283% Vitamin C 149.1%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 55.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Peel and slice the onion in 1/4 to 1/2 inch rings.
3) In a large bowl, separate and place the onion rings, set aside.
4) In another bowl, immerse the raisins in hot water, cover with a plastic wrap and set aside.
5) In the large bowl with onion, peel and add the tomatillos, Poblano peppers, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper.
6) Toss all the ingredients until thoroughly coated with olive oil and seasonings.
7) In a baking sheet, spread the ingredients and place under the broiler for about 30 minutes until nicely charred.
8) In a food processor, add all the charred onions, tomatillos, skinned Poblano peppers, cilantro, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, drained raisins, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 pinch kosher salt, orange zest and peeled garlic cloves.
9) Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
10) Use the Homemade Steak Sauce as desired.