- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Spinach and Mushroom Frittata Recipe Video
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and drained|
|Egg whites||6 (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Hot sauce||6 Dash|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped portobello mushroom caps||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), or sliced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg
Sodium 1219.4 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 19 g37.7%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small mixing bowl add the spinach, egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
2) Stir the ingredients and break up any clumps of spinach.
3) Then add in the cheese and mushrooms.
4) Mix everything real well.
5) In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over low-medium heat, place the oil in the skillet and make sure it’s coated evenly.
6) Next pour the egg mixture in the skillet and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
7) Frittata will be done once it becomes firm but it will bounce back.
8) Serve with sliced tomato and dollop of no-fat sour cream. Enjoy!