- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Italian Sausage Recipe Video
|Spare rib||3 Pound, boneless, cut into chunks and grinded|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cold|
|Sausage casing||1 Medium (as required)|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.4 mg28.8%
Sodium 789.8 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSausage meat grinder and filler machine.
1. Cut up the spare ribs into thick chunks and set aside in a bowl.
2. To this bowl now sprinkle all the spices and pour in the water. Stir well with a spoon or hands to mix the ingredients and refrigerate.
3. Rinse the sausage casings well under warm water.
4. Now dunk these casings into a bowl of clean water and allow it to set for 45 mins to an hour.
5. Add the refrigerated meat to the grinder and grind well. Put the meat back into the refrigerator.
6. Remove the casing from the water and rinse it once again under tap water.
7. Assemble the sausage filler. Spray some oil on the nozzle to allow the filling to pass easily to the casing.
Put the casing to the nozzle.
8. Now slowly fill the casing with the ground cured meat.
9. Your homemade sausage is now ready to be used in your favorite dishes and enjoyed!