- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sabudana Vada/Wada - Maharashtrian Recipe Video
|Sago||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sabudana soaked in water overnight)|
|Peanut powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
|Boiled potato||1 Medium, mashed|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, crushed|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Samo seeds/Rice flour||2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (As needed) (Optional)|
|For frying the sabudana vadas|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As needed for deep frying)|
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 156 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 47.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak sabudana in water overnight or at least for 4 - 6 hours.
2. After soaking overnight, drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
4. Moisten your palms with a little water and take small portions from the mixture and make patties as shown in the video.
5. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and deep fry the vadas until golden in color.
6. Once done, drain onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil from it.
7. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.