- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Cake flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 stick)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large, room temperature|
|Food color||4 Tablespoon (red)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For cream cheese frosting|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 247.5 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and lightly flour 2 cupcake pans (24 cupcakes).
3. In a small bowl, sift the cake flour and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after adding each till incorporated.
3. In a small bowl, mix the red food coloring, cocoa, and vanilla. Add it to the batter and mix well till smooth.
4. In a measuring cup, add the salt into the buttermilk and mix.
5. Add the buttermilk and flour in 3 batches alternately while mixing after each addition.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cider vinegar and baking soda. Add to the batter and mix.
7. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the batter is smooth.
8. Pour the batter into the greased cupcake pans.
9. Arrange the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and bake the cupcakes for around 20 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Switch the positions of the cupcake pans halfway to cook evenly.
10. Remove from the oven and let the cupcakes sit in the pan for around 10 minutes. Transfer them onto cooling racks and let them cool completely.
11. FROSTING: In the electric mixer, add the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix them till combined. Do not over beat them.
12. In a serving plate, serve the cupcakes topped with frosting and garnished with a blueberry.