- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Puri At Home Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed)|
|For rolling the dough|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (As needed)|
|For frying the puris|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As required for deep frying)|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 487.7 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine together whole wheat flour, salt and the heated oil. Using a spoon mix.
3. Gradually add water a little at a time and knead to form a firm ball of dough.
4. Cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Take the dough and spread a little oil on the surface of the dough and knead again for about 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into small balls of equal size.
7. Grease the puris lightly with oil and roll into small rounds using a rolling pin. Set them aside.
8. Heat oil in a pan for frying. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry the puris until puffed and golden brown on both sides as shown in the video. Drain onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
9. Serve the puris warm with any Indian dish of your choice.