- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot tap water||1 Quart|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 2195.9 mg91.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.4% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, working in 2 tablespoons flour, until dough is smooth. Divide dough in 4 equal pieces. Flour each piece to prevent sticking, then wrap each in plastic wrap.
3. Roll one piece of dough at a time on a floured surface into a very thin rectangle (about 14x12 inches). Cut into 1/4-inch-wide noodles.
4. Arrange half the noodles in a single layer on paper towels on the microwave oven tray. Cover with paper towels. Cook in microwave oven 2 minutes at Medium-Low. Turn noodles over, cover and cook
2 minutes at Medium. Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining noodles.
5. Combine 1 quart water and 1 teaspoon salt in a 3-quart glass casserole. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Heat in microwave oven to boiling (about 9 minutes at High). Add half of noodles and stir through water. Cover and cook in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes
at Medium, or until noodles are tender; stir once.
6. Remove noodles with tongs to a colander to drain.
7. Add remaining noodles to hot water in casserole, cover and cook
3 to 4 minutes at Medium, or until tender. Drain and rinse with warm water.