- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Not Butter! Contest 4--Parmesan Bread Sticks Recipe Video
|Butter substitute||2 Tablespoon, softened (I can't believe its not butter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried italian seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , lightly beaten|
|Poppy seed/Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Cooking oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 374.5 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.65%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a baking pan with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter substitute, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
4. Add flour and dried Italian seasoning. Mix until smooth.
5. On lightly floured surface, place the dough and roll it into a 7-inch by 12-inch rectangle.
6. Divide the rectangle piece into half, and then cut into 6-inch by 1/2-inch strips as shown in the video.
7. Twist each strip 2 or 3 times, and place on a greased baking pan.
8. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk with water. Beat well and brush over twisted dough strips.
9. Sprinkle poppy seeds or sesame seeds on top and pop it in oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Serve fresh.