- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oatmeal Jam Cookie Bars Recipe Video
|Jam||1 Cup (16 tbs) (any kind)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2stick)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 312.2 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 52.7 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a bowl combine brown sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, salt, baking soda. Mix well.
4. In a small bowl, mix jam and lemon juice together.
5. Combine the flour oats mixture with creamed butter and sugar mixture and mix well till it turns sticky.
6. In an 8x8 inch pan, put 3/4 of the mixture and press gently. Spread the jam evenly. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly tap with spatula into the jam.
7. Bake for around 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars.
8. In a serving plate, serve the oatmeal jam bars warm.