- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Meatloaf Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut into small cubes|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and roughly chopped|
|White onion||1 Medium, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Celery sticks||2 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Such As Chardonnay)|
|Ground sirloin||2 Pound (5% Fat)|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Bread slices||2 Medium, crusts removed and cut into 0.25 inch cubes|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.3 mg
Sodium 653.6 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a food processor, add garlic and onions. Pulse until finely chopped.
3) Place in a medium bowl and repeat with celery and carrots.
4) Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Add oil. When it shimmers, add bacon. Sauté until bacon begins to crisp, about 2 minutes.
6) Add chopped vegetables and thyme, and sauté until vegetables release their liquids and liquid evaporates.
7) Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until wine has evaporated and mixture is dry.
8) Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
9) In a large bowl, mix together (with your hands) ground sirloin, eggs, bread, salt, pepper and chopped vegetables, until completely combined.
10) Press meatloaf into an 8 3/4 x 4 3/4 loaf pan, mounding top slightly.
11) Set loaf pan on rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips.
12) Bake in oven 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
13) Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. Internal temperature should rise another 7 to 10 degrees.
14) Remove meatloaf from pan and cut into 8 slices. Serve hot.
Nutritional information per serving (homemade version)
Calories: 236; total fat: 9g; cholesterol: 125mg; sodium: 782mg; carbohydrate: 7g; total dietary fiber: 1g; protein: 27g