- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Meatballs Soup Recipe Video
|For the meatballs|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|No salt seasoning/Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Zucchini||1 Small, roughly chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the soup|
|Zucchini||4 Small, diced into chunks|
|Carrots/Baby carrots - 1 cup, diced||2 Large, diced into chunks|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped into chunks|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, diced into chunks|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper/Black pepper||To Taste|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (To garnish)|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg
Sodium 499.2 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 108.7% Vitamin C 122.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor
To prepare the Meatballs:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, eggs, seasoning, salt, paprika and white pepper. Set this aside.
2. In a food processor, add the zucchini, onion, garlic clove and parsley. Process to a coarse paste.
3. Add this paste to the large bowl with the beef and seasonings. Use a spoon and mix everything well. (Using a spoon or fork to mix the meat helps keep the meatballs fluffy)
4. Roll balls (about 2 teaspoons size) and place them on a plate.
5. Refrigerate until the soup is ready for the meatballs.
To prepare the soup:
6. Meanwhile, take a pot with water. Add a stock cube to it. (You may also use chicken stock as a substitute)
7. Bring it to a boil. Once the broth starts boiling, reduce the heat to a medium and add the vegetables (zucchini, carrots, onion, potato, broccoli and frozen peas).
8. Add the seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
9. Bring it to a rolling boil and start adding meatballs one by one.
10. When all the meatballs are in, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup for 35 minutes or until meatballs are done and vegetables cooked through. (Skim the foam from the surface of the soup occasionally)
11. Remove from the heat and garnish with parsley.
12. Serve warm.